We are Drs Ross, Campbell, Pickard, Boyd and McLennan.
We hold a General Medical Services (GMS) contract with Greater Glasgow NHS Board (GGNHSBB), Dalian House, 350 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G3 8YZ, tel. 0141-201-4444 and Lanarkshire Health Board, Strathclyde Hospital, Airbles Road, Motherwell, tel. 01698-281313 Details of this contract are available from our Practice Manager, Rosaleen Kelly. Our practice is accessible to disabled patients. Our practice area encompasses the G76 post code.
Services Available From The Practice
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child health surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team
- Contraceptive services. Specialist services such as IUCD insertion are available at the Family Planning, Clarkston Clinic, or alternative Family Planning Clinics.
- Maternity services in the ante natal and post natal period, together with hospital midwives.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the Health Visiting team
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details.
- Cervical smears.
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
We also hold contracts with Greater Glasgow NHS Board/Lanarkshire NHS Board for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk groups.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive review for patients with diabetes; this includes appointments with the dietician and podiatrist.
- Specialist Clinics for Coronary Heart Disease, Stroke, Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease.
- Review of patients with hypothyroidism, epilepsy, mental health problems, hypertension and cancer.
Practice Vision / Mission Statement
We are committed to providing a high quality service and to promote best practice in the delivery of all services. We aim to continuously consider and respond to our patient needs.
- Listen to and understand the needs of our patients.
- Provide a safe, welcoming environment.
- Provide a robust appointments system offering same day appointments where medically necessary and also the opportunity to book in advance.
- Recall and review patients with ongoing and chronic health conditions.
- Support training for members of the practice in order to encourage continuous professional development.
- Work in accordance with national guidelines and within the wider healthcare environment to deliver innovative solutions.
- Continue to adopt a friendly, caring approach.
- Use available technology to enable all our clinical staff to respond effectively to your healthcare needs and embrace change and innovation (ensuring security of information).
- Maintain standards with our practice prescribing and ensure a time frame of two working days for repeat medication is met.
- Develop means to encourage patient feedback/communication.
- Respond quickly and pro-actively to any concerns you may have about the service you receive from us.
Carolside Medical Centre
1/2 Carolside Gdns
Glasgow G76 7BX.
If you think you may be at risk of Ebola (ie, if you have a fever/feel unwell and have returned from Guinea, Liberia or Sierra Leone in the past 21 days or if you have cared for someone with Ebola), please contact the surgery by telephone. Your details will be taken and a GP will return your call to give you advice.
Updates can be found on www.nhs24.com/ebola
Information about our 'flu clinics is now available on the 'flu clinics page
From 29TH APRIL the NHS 24 (OUT OF HOURS) telephone number is changing to 111.
Holiday and closure notices are on the Newsletter page
Members of the Practice can be contacted by telephoning 0141-644-3511 between 8.30 am – 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm – 6.00 pm from Monday to Friday.
GPs and other clinical members of the Practice may not be available by telephone during surgery sessions, however, reception staff will offer advice regarding a suitable time to contact these Practice members.
Messages can also be left at reception for members of the practice.
Our Practice Health Visitor can be contacted on 0141-644-5726 and District Nurses on 0141-644-4818.